Position: Senior Software Developer
Location: Johannesburg or East London (Happy to call and confirm)
Structure: Hybrid/flexible working hours
- At least 5-7 years of experience in a development environment
- 3 to 5 years of SQL experience,
- 5 to 7 years of experience in C#.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in .net core.
- 5-7 years of restful API experience.
- 1-2 years of experience in document stores such as Couchbase / Mongo would be an advantage
- 1-2 years of experience in message brokers such as RabbitMQ / Kafka / Red Panda would be an advantage
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- In-depth knowledge of SDLC and software project management
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Great attention to detail.
What you will do:
- Ensure that the design patterns used increase organizational levels of high volume transactional performance, resiliency, automation and innovation;
- Identify potential alternative strategies and refactor the approach for maximum benefit in the shortest possible time;
- Provide an appropriate solution that facilitates the achievement of specified tasks and objectives in a holistic manner, while excluding unnecessary steps;
- Provide a solution in which effective and efficient use of system resources occurs during operation;
- Provide a solution that works efficiently, can coexist with other solutions, and does not negatively impact other solutions;
- Provide an interoperable solution that can exchange and use information between different solutions, not necessarily in the same environment;
- Ensure that the system user can easily recognize the flow, functions and capabilities of the system;
- Ensure that the system logically supports user self-learning;
- Make sure the solution is accessible and can be used by people with a wide range of characteristics, abilities, cultures and languages;
- Ensure that the solution works properly under the agreed conditions for long periods of time without requiring intervention (despite potential attacks);
- Ensure that all measures are taken to reduce the occurrence of defects due to misunderstood requirements, design errors and implementation errors;
- Ensure complete recovery of data, and the desired state of the solution can be restored (despite potential attacks);
- Ensure the solution is sustainable so that as user volumes and requirements change, the solution can scale over the long term;
- Ensure the solution simplifies support and maintenance, with traceability and efficient error messaging;
- Ensure that over time the solution matures;
- Ensure that the solution has high integrity, where the solution prevents unauthorized access, modification of computer programs, data or settings;
- Ensure that the solution has a high degree of survivability, despite third-party interventions (attacks, human errors, hardware or software failures);
- Ensure modularity, where the solution consists of discrete components so that a change in one component has minimal impact on other components;
- Where possible, provide a mechanism for the solution to analyze its own faults and provide reports before a critical failure occurs;
- Develop the solution in a way that supports modification for future developers, thereby reducing the number of defects or the quality of the system being negatively affected;
- Ensure that the solution is delivered completely and with the additional resources needed to make installation/deployment as seamless and easy as possible;
- Provide Dev Support support when required during operational events, and create or assist in the creation of SOPs;
- Effectively troubleshoot and resolve issues to increase solution stability and reduce required interventions over time;
- Make confident, timely and fact-based decisions drawing on a wide range of resources through collaboration with others;
- Generate new ideas and challenge the status quo, take risks, support change and encourage innovation.
Leave benefits (study, annual, sport)
Financial: Performance bonus and end of year
Group: Provident fund, Funeral guarantee, Legal assistance, Patrimonial support
Development: LinkedIn Learning, Pluralsight, internal and external scholarship programs
Social: Friday sunsets, City Hall, access to tickets to major sporting events
About the employer:
The company we keep:
At BET Software, we don’t just recruit talent, we nurture it. Our learning and development programs, diverse growth opportunities, and well-deserved incentives are what make our All-Star team the best among the rest.
Employer and Benefits:
- Study assistance
- Annual bonus
- Flexible hours
- Performance Bonuses
- Provident fund
- Car park
- Work at home