Ford Pro, the global business and brand of Ford Motor Co. in Dearborn, today announced a suite of fleet management solutions designed to help eliminate mountains of paperwork and endless spreadsheets for owners small businesses entering the digital age.
The platform, which offers one-stop shopping for vehicles, software, charging services and financing for commercial customers, adds Ford Pro fleet management software, the suite’s flagship product.
The affordable, always-on flagship software program – available on a subscription basis for as low as $5 per month per vehicle – gives office administrators, business owners and fleet managers a new tool to fight against drawers and folders overflowing with paperwork that tracks important metrics on every vehicle in their fleets.
Based on software from vendor Fleetio, the cloud-based and easy-to-manage system fully digitizes cost-related data and puts total cost of ownership at your fingertips.
“Small and medium businesses have told us they need a suite of tools ranging from driver and vehicle tracking, to title and registration, to health and safety monitoring. vehicle maintenance, but simplified – all on one platform, which is why we developed Ford Pro Fleet Management Solutions,” said Dave Prusinski, Ford Pro Global Chief Revenue Officer.
“Total cost of ownership is the most crucial piece of fleet data for business owners, and Ford Pro has invested significantly to evolve software products typically reserved for large fleets, making them accessible to small and medium enterprises, completely flexible for their needs and budgets.
The three main fleet management products in the suite include:
Ford Pro Fleet Management Software
- Provides a flexible tracking system designed to monitor fuel consumption costs and works with virtually any payment method a business might use
- Tracks important data on vehicles of all brands, Ford and non-Ford, as well as gas and electric models
- Optimizes vehicle cycle management
- Enables drivers to automate maintenance and repair tracking at over 55,000 networked repair centers across the United States
- Is optimized for fleets of up to 150 vehicles
Ford Pro title and registration
- Helps business owners save time managing registrations and licenses
- Provides a single point of contact for renewing vehicle registrations
- Helps business owners manage vehicle title issues, such as interstate transfer
Ford Pro Driver Risk Management
- Helps owners track crucial driver information in their fleet
- Reports include comprehensive checks and monitoring of motor vehicle records, license expiration dates, and customization of violation points
The web-based system is available to individual drivers in a mobile app format, allowing them to enter data while on the job. The program integrates with Ford Pro vehicle software such as Ford Pro Telematics to give business owners a broader view of important fleet vehicle information. Telematics is designed to help optimize fleet efficiency by tracking crucial information such as driver habits, real-time vehicle locations and dwell times.
Add-ons available for the base product of Ford Pro fleet management software include an equipment tracker, which helps keep tabs on the costs associated with equipment such as lawn mowers, trailers and trucks. ‘other electrical equipment, and a garage management system.††that helps owners manage parts and inventory.
For more information or to view a demo of Ford Pro Fleet Management Software, please visit FordPro.com.
In related news, Ford provided more details on its activities at the North American International Auto Show, which runs Sept. 14-25 at Huntington Place and Hart Plaza in downtown Detroit. The show offers attendees another chance to get acquainted with a slew of new Ford vehicles, including the all-new seventh-generation Mustang, which makes its debut September 14 at Hart Plaza at 8 p.m. EDT.
“As we begin the next chapter in Mustang history, this will also be the first opportunity many will have to experience the F-150 Lightning and Bronco Heritage,” said Suzy Deering, Ford’s director of global marketing. “The return of the Detroit Auto Show is a great opportunity to interact with our customers and give them the opportunity to experience the incredible new lineup of Ford vehicles.”
The festivities begin September 14 with The Stampede, a festival-inspired celebration of all things Mustang that culminates in the global reveal of the new Mustang, which will also be on display during the public auto show days in Huntington. Place from September 17 to 25.
Mustang fans, owners and Ford employees who have registered for the Stampede can meet at Ford World Headquarters with their Mustang vehicles and march together to Hart Plaza in Detroit. (Interested people who have registered can also join the party directly at Hart Plaza.) The event will feature music, art, design and eight food trucks before the livestream. Food vouchers will be provided to the first 3,000 registered guests. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and the the live show starts at 8 p.m..
Stampede attendees are encouraged to wear apparel inspired by their favorite period of Mustang history, from the 1960s through today, to celebrate each decade of the car’s existence. The best costumes will win prizesincluding a two-year lease of an all-new Mustang GT for the first-place winner.
At the show, Ford will offer attendees the opportunity to experience a wide range of vehicles, from conquering off-roaders to innovative electric vehicles. The Detroit Auto Show lineup includes:
- F-150 Lightning, the innovative all-electric pickup that’s been part of the Ford F-Series, America’s best-selling trucks for 45 years.
- Mustang Mach-E, an electric SUV.
- Two- and four-door Broncos, including the Bronco Heritage Edition with styling cues from the 1966 original, and the off-road Bronco Raptor and Bronco Everglades special editions.
- Bronco Sport, a rugged small SUV designed with unmistakable Bronco style and off-road capability.
- Maverick, the versatile winner of North American Truck of the Year with endless customization possibilities and smart technology.
- F-150 Raptor R, equipped with a supercharged V8 engine that makes it the most powerful production Raptor ever.
In turn, Lincoln attendees will showcase the new 2023 Corsair. The display features:
- Lincoln Corsair, the brand’s best-selling vehicle, with athletic looks and new interior themes plus ActiveGlide 1.2 hands-free advanced driver assistance system for highway driving. The Grand Touring plug-in hybrid model will also be on display.
- Lincoln Star, a concept that hints at the brand’s design language for future electric vehicles with its sleek, aerodynamic silhouette and connected cabin experience.
- Lincoln Model L100, the brand’s visionary concept revealed as part of its 100th anniversary and imagined as an autonomous vehicle with an intelligent driving experience, connectivity and software innovations.
The Detroit Auto Show provides an opportunity to bring unique Ford experiences to life and engage directly with customers. Attendees can hop into a Bronco SUV for a spin on the Built Wild Drive Track or experience the near-instant acceleration of the F-150 Lightning. Ford will also showcase its latest F-150 Raptor and Bronco Raptor models at the Dinosaurs and All-Terrain Vehicles Encounter, a tour experience featuring life-size animated dinosaurs.
At its booth, Ford will host a series of scheduled 30-minute sessions featuring product demonstrations and Q&As with Ford product specialists and engineers. These include electric vehicle sessions that will cover home charging solutions, route planning and on-the-road charging, as well as smart backup power for F-150 Lightning customers.
One Bronco session will demonstrate vehicle features on the Built Wild Drive track, while another will focus on connected technologies such as FordPass, Ford BlueCruise, Built-in Alexa and Ford Power-Up software updates.
Additionally, the Ford display will host mixed and augmented reality screens that will cover a number of topics, such as a masterclass on the all-new Mustang, EV education, connected technology and commercial vehicle services. Ford Pro.
The dates for the 2022 Detroit Auto Show are:
— Media Day, Wednesday, September 14
— AutoMobili-D and Industry Tech Days, Wednesday September 14 and Thursday September 15
– Charity preview, Friday September 16 (6 p.m. to 11 p.m.)
— Public show, from Saturday September 17 to Sunday September 25